Daniel Wisnewski , 2018-07-26 06:44 PM
# IoT One Cloud Wiki
# A note before we begin...
Please take note that this software is currently in BETA status!
Operate this software on your own risk!!
We offer no guarantee of stability, functionality, or safety of the programming.
Please understand that this is being worked on currently, and although we only support a small number of devices, more will grow as we work with the software.
We appreciate your participation in the beta program by sharing bug reports, or other helpful information through our redmine.
Soon support Android and iOS clients will be added.
# Getting Started with Tigase IoT One Cloud
Welcome to the Tigase IoT One Getting Started guide!
Before we begin creating devices and adding elements, there's a few things we should cover first.
WARNING: Working with electricity can be dangerous, be sure to follow safe working principles when working with any electronic device!
To start creating things with Tigase IoT One, there are some requirements that need to be met first.
![What you need to get started](equipment.png)
* Of course Raspberry Pi, any version you like, we recommend to start with either Raspberry Pi 3 or Zero W as they offer WiFi out of the box.
* MiniSD Card for the operating system and software.
* Android or iOS device to control your sensors on RPi, however, if you do not have access to any mobile device, we offer a web client as well.
* Breakout board to make it easier to connect sensors to RPi, there are many of them available for beginners and advanced users, choose the one you like.
* Some connector wires, different colors can help you keep track of what is connected where.
* A bunch of devices and sensors to connect to RPi and play with.
* We recommend a multi-meter and some alligator clips to help troubleshooting, but it's not required.
* And of course a little bit of time....
### Network Requirements
Make sure you have each of these ready at hand as well before you begin setting up the Pi.
* A method of interacting with the Pi, either using direct methods or SSH.
* Some stable network connection, either wired or wireless. (we recommend using wireless)
* A phone, tablet, or computer with an internet browser.
A brief introduction and some common questions.
## [[Setting up the Raspberry Pi]]
How to setup a Raspberry Pi, installing the operating system, and enabling interfaces.
## [[Installing Tigase IoT Software]]
How to install the required software from Tigase on the Pi.
Notes about connections, pin mapping, and plugging things in.
## [[Getting the Framework and Hub to talk to each other]]
The last step in setting things up.
## [[Adding devices]]
Basic example of adding a device to the platform.
## [[Device Library]]
Devices we support, and details about them.
Information about IoT One Subscriptions.